5 New Tech Gadgets That Will Bring Your Home Into 2018
The hottest tech gadgets are everywhere. From our phones and watches to our cars, we’re constantly playing with some type of screen or remote. Now that we’re well into the new year, isn’t it time you embraced some useful tech toys? Turn your home in 2018, into a smart home with these five trending enhancements:
- Advanced security that doesn’t mess around: Any new home 2018 should be protected. With the advanced security system from Hive, you don’t have to worry about what’s inside your home. You’ll be prepared for a break-in because this futuristic security system is designed by the legendary Swiss designer Yves Behar and his studio, Fuseproject. The Hive system features sound and motion detection, WiFi connectivity and will sync with any other Hive smart products you have at home. Take that, criminals!
- You’re on a roll with that TV: The OLED TV from LG rolls up into a tube when you’re done watching your favourite shows. The 65 inch TV magically rolls itself into a space of about 100 mm in diameter. For those that don’t like their TV to always be on display, this is the perfect compromise.
- Cleanliness is next to … robotics: Any list of new home 2018 tech will feature some kind of cleaning device and this list is no exception. The Moneual Rydis H68 Pro is a vacuuming machine that mops at the same time. Unlike other vacuuming robots, the Pro tracks its route so the same spot isn’t cleaned twice and it returns to its charging base once it’s done.
- Plants that water themselves: If you travel a lot but love plants, this is the new home 2018 gadget for you. The Smart Pot is a self-watering planter that dispenses water and nutrients to your plants for an entire month. Even if you don’t like to travel but want some greenery in your home, you don’t have to worry about making sure that plant is watered for 30 days.
- The oven with a PhD: The June Intelligent oven is not your average toaster. This oven automatically calculates the temperature needed to cook the food and how long it will take. Using sensors and AI, the oven is able to recognize what’s inside of it. The only thing you have to do manually is put the food in and set your preferred level of doneness. You’ll never have to set a timer for that baked potato again.