5 Reasons to Invest in Real Estate NOW
If you’re young and looking to settle down but think you’re not ready, this is the time for you to do some research into acquiring a new home not to necessarily live in, but for investment purposes. Turning your first home into an investment property will put you ahead of the game for these reasons.
- Time is on your side. The sooner you begin, the more time you have to earn additional income and take more risk. Traditionally people buy their first home and live in it then consider buying a second property. You don’t have to do things in this order. Buying and renting is a great way to see a good return on your investment. If the rent covers the mortgage you can then decide on whether you want to live there or buy your second property. Doing this at a young age, with a good job, is possible.
- Discipline – Investing in a home early allows you to watch and balance your spending rather than run the risk of creating poor spending habits and a life full of impulse buying. If you work hard early, you can play harder later. You’ll be able to reap the benefits later in life when your income may not be so stable. Not to mention you’ll be establishing good credit to later apply for a larger mortgage on that family home.
- Your quality of life will improve over time – When you invest in a property early, renting it will help you create an additional income stream that you would not otherwise have. With the help of a great real estate agent or mortgage specialist, you can do your homework ahead of time to see what you would qualify for. The property you buy will only go up in value so any additional income above the rent will be yours. Even with one or two repairs a year on a property, you should be able to recover the expense quickly. As soon as you find suitable renters, you’ll be able to profit off of your investment. Then you can take the money you earn and reinvest it in your property or use it to pay off other bills and debts.
- Improve your credit rating – Do you know what your credit rating is? Do you feel you’re too young to know? As soon as you begin working full time in a career job, it’s a good idea to begin establishing your credit for the one or two big purchases down the line. Purchasing an investment property early in life allows you to establish your credit rating with the banks so when it comes down to buying that family home down the road, you’ll be ready. Whether you start small at the beginning, renting a property will work in your favour, establish a good credit rating and prepare you for a bigger loan later on.
- Professionals are willing to help – There is a wealth of information out there to prepare you for your first investment. Your preferred real estate professional or financial advisor can help you prepare for this by helping you save and plan. They’ll educate you on what you need to know and help you decide on the expenditure or size of the investment to ensure you qualify and if not help you plan ahead.
No matter what size the investment is, you’ll stand to gain. Housing prices will continue to climb so why not act now? Find out what you qualify for in terms of a down payment and look to buy sooner rather than later. If you don’t get into the market soon, so much may be out of reach later. Investing now to live in or sell later, is your best bet of staying in the market and ensuring you have a family home to enjoy when the time comes.
For more information about our realty services, visit our website and stay updated about new homes for sale in the GTA.http://www.spectrumrealtyservices.com